This blog is a record of my family, our adventures, and life as we know it. I named it after the movie "It's a Wonderful Life", because no matter what happens, good or bad, up or down, our life may not always be wonderful (or perfect), but it will always be a "Lacy Life", and that's wonderful to us!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

First Blog Post

  Hello out there!  Whomever you may be!?!?  This blog is many years in the making.  I have been thinking about it, and wanting to start it for several years now.  I am so happy to finally be connected, thanks to my dear friend Mrs. Taffy!  :) 

  I guess I will start with why I wanted to start this blog.  I wanted to start this blog for many reasons, but firstly I wanted to document my families story.  The special times, good times, bad times, mundane times, holidays, traditions, activities, and fun stuff that we do everyday sometimes gets overshadowed by our daily grind, and this way I can look back (and so can they) on all (or at least some) of the memories we've created over the years.  Along with that, I am also hopeful that this blog will fulfill my need to document our life in story and in picture, as I've always wanted to scrapbook, but never seem to find the time, energy, or means to do.  For some reason, blogging seems to accomplish the same thing, but quicker and cheaper!  I've always wanted to write a book, and hopefully this blog will fulfill my need to write, which I never seem to have the time for.

  I am also looking at this blog as a way to connect with friends and family that I might not be able to connect with as much as I would like to in real life, by sharing our journey online with them. 

  One day, if the Lord is willing... I desire this blog to be, not just a documentation of our family life, but I would love to have the honor of being an encouragement for other people...of course, not in my own strength or by my own doing...but through HIM who strengthens me!

  Last but not least, and truly above all, I desire to bring honor and glory to my Father in Heaven and my Lord Jesus Christ through this blog and really- all that I do!  

  Well that's that!  I'm just about done with my first blog post!  Thank you for stopping by and reading my thoughts!  I would love to hear what you thought...I think!?!?  :)

  Whew!  It's over!  :)

Until next time,
It's a Lacy Life

3 comments:

  1. Now that wasn't so bad was it? Good job! Welcome to Bloggy-land!! So happy to have you here with ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just awesome there Mrs. Lacy! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Looking forward to reading more of your Lacy Life!

    ReplyDelete